The key to being competitive and growing your contact lens business in today’s landscape is to sell annual supplies to your patients. A patient purchasing an annual supply makes a single, large payment and then you don’t have to worry about them for the rest of the year.
Industry-wide, only 30% of contact lens patients purchase annual supplies as of 2022. The remaining 70% of patients who choose not to buy an annual supply typically want to do their own comparison shopping to get the best deal. With the CLX Price Compare tool, you’re able to do the comparison shopping for your patients during their appointment, making them more likely to buy from you — in fact, practices utilizing CLX have 57% more annual supply sales on average.
Compare Prices in Real Time
CLX automatically calculates pricing data from your biggest online and big box competitors so you can show head-to-head comparisons in real time while you’re sitting with the patient. CLX also gives you the option to only show favorable comparisons to further tip the scales in your favor.
Customize What Your Patients See
The Price Compare tool gives you an array of options so you can control exactly what your patients are seeing. Add in manufacturer rebates, insurance benefits, and your own special sales to give your practice the edge you need to control the sales conversation.
Seamlessly Present Subscription Options
Even with the robust tools CLX offers, many of your patients are not going to buy an annual supply from your office. CLX gives you the opportunity to offer flexible monthly subscription plans to your patients to keep them buying from you while taking their needs into account.
“ONLINE PURCHASING BY THE CONSUMER, THAT’S NOT CHANGING OR GOING AWAY. IT’S CONTINUING TO BE A BIGGER COMPONENT OF SALES. PEOPLE WANT TO BE ABLE TO BUY CONVENIENTLY ONLINE, ON THEIR CELL PHONE AND FROM HOME. WE NEEDED TO BE DOING THIS 8 YEARS AGO, IF NOT LONGER.”
– Berkeley Eye –
How Can Price Compare Benefit Your Practice?
Capture More Contact Lens Orders On the Day of the Exam
By adding in insurance benefits, manufacturer’s rebates and practice discounts, CLX Price Compare shows your patients their real contact lens pricing information in a clear side-by-side comparison with online competition – where your practice comes out as the clear choice. This can help you increase lens sales on the day of the exam, as your patients have no reason to look elsewhere!
Offer Patients Options to Fit Their Needs
Price Compare is a proven tool that boosts your practice’s annual supply rates and overall contact lens sales by catering to your patients’ desire for comparison shopping. For patients who prefer to buy in smaller quantities, you’re equipped to offer them seamless subscription options. Combined with the CLX Convenient Reordering tool, your practice is primed to capture more sales as part of a comprehensive contact lens sales strategy.
Transparency to Help Build Patient Loyalty
With the wealth information and pricing data that the CLX Price Compare tool can offer, your patients can trust that you are openly communicating with them about all their options for buying their contact lens prescription and they will be confident knowing that you are helping them make the right decision for their particular needs.
Personalize Pricing for Each Patient
Often, online competitors and national retailers only look like they have the best pricing – but when you take into consideration manufacturer’s rebates and insurance benefits that only apply on purchases from a prescribing OD, suddenly ECPs have a leg up on the competition. Show your patients their personalized pricing with CLX Price Compare so that they can see the value of buying contact lenses from you, their doctor.